The NSW State Government has announced new recovery grants today. Applications open 1 July and the amount is up to $3,000.00.
The grants can be used to cover marketing and advertising expenses, make fit-out changes and train staff in how to work safely under the current health conditions.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profits must meet a range of criteria including:
- Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020 registered in NSW;
- Have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000 as at 1 March 2020;
- Have fewer than 20 Full Time Equivalent staff (including non-employing businesses) as at 1 March 2020;
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 as at 1 March 2020;
- Have experienced a decline in turnover of at least 30 per cent from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least two weeks) in 2019;
- Are in a highly impacted industry as at 1 March 2020. These industries were impacted by the COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement Order 2020;
- Have costs from 1 July 2020 associated with safely re-opening or scaling up their business.
Service NSW will launch the Small Business Recovery Grant online on 1 July and will accept application until Sunday 16 August 2020 when the program will close.
Please see the attached media release or visit Service NSW through this link.